Losing a friend can be one of the hardest events to deal with. Coming to terms with their death, for one, is quite difficult, especially if there was no chance to say goodbye or let them know how much you cared.
Not being able to talk to them, share a laugh like you used to, or have fun times outdoors can leave an empty space in your heart. In fact, the death of a friend often results in a piece of you dying with them. No doubt, it is a situation that is extremely hard to get over. But if you can find ways to cope, dealing with the grief may just be a little easier.
One of the ways to deal with the tragedy of losing a friend to death is by listening to music. There are many songs that help to capture the pain of a good friend dying. In case you may be grieving a friend and looking for songs that can relate to what you are going through, we have created a playlist to help you out. Below are 10 songs about the death of a friend that can help you cope.
1. “See You Again” by Wiz Khalifa, Charlie Puth
2. “Gone Too Soon” by Michael Jackson
3. "One Sweet Day" by Boyz II Men featuring Mariah Carey
4. “I’ll Be Missing You” by Puff Daddy and Faith Evans
5. "Tears In Heaven" by Eric Clapton
6. "Let It Be" by The Beatles
7. "Someone Great" by LCD Soundsystem
8. "The Show Must Go On" by Queen
9. "Wind Beneath My Wings" by Bette Midler
10. "Candle in the Wind" by Elton John
As a healing force, music is unmatched. Hopefully, listening to these songs will help lift your mood whenever you find yourself missing a friend who has died.