There are so many different types of songs. From lovey-dovey and syrupy romantic tunes to other-worldly party anthems, you can pass the time listening to music on almost any topic you desire.
Yet, some of the songs that tend to stay with us through the years – in some cases even shaping our world views – are songs that tend to deal with the eventualities of life. We are talking about those songs that cover many of the realities of living in the world, whether it is dealing with failures, facing fears, or issues surrounding how people interact with each other.
Songs about life that are well written tend to cause you to really think about your own existence in the grand scheme of things. Things you wish you did and have hopes of doing. Places you want to go and experiences that allowed you to learn hard lessons. Songs that finally helped you to understand certain feelings or recognize patterns in your life that were once a puzzle.
How many of such songs do you know? Here are 15 that are worth adding to your playlist if you don’t have them as yet.
1. “Man in the Mirror” – Michael Jackson
2. “Eye Of The Tiger” – Survivor
3. “Over the Rainbow” - Israel Kamakawiwo’ole
4. “Waterfalls” – TLC
5. “Stronger (What Doesn’t Kill You)” – Kelly Clarkson
6. “Unwritten” – Natasha Bedingfield
7. “It’s My Life” – Bon Jovi
8. “We are the Champions” – Queen
9. “Who You Are” – Jessie J
10. “Happy” – Pharrell
11. “Skyscraper” – Demi Lovato
12. “Lose Yourself” – Eminem
13. “Brave” – Sara Bareilles
14. “Don’t Stop Believin’” – Journey
15. “Someone You Loved” – Lewis Capaldi
There are numerous other songs that capture the essence of life and which could be added to this list. Feel free to reach out on social media to let us know your favorite songs about life. « return to blog